Titer Testing Measures Immunity
A titer test is a laboratory test measuring the presence and relative quantity of antibodies to diseases in blood. Antibodies are produced when an antigen (like a virus or bacteria) provokes a response from the immune system. This response can come from natural exposure or from vaccination.
Did You Know?
Titer tests can be used to::
- Determine if you’ve had a past infection
- Discover which immunizations you might need
- Check the effectiveness of a vaccine
- Test to see if you have mono or a viral form of hepatitis
- Detect your level of immunity relative to certain diseases/viruses
Common Titer Tests
Many people in the healthcare profession need titers testing. If you have lost your immunization records, a titer test determines if your level of immunity is sufficient to protect against certain diseases/ viruses like:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Mononucleosis (mono)
- Hepatitis B
A high amount of antibodies will indicate that you should have sufficient immunity to certain diseases/viruses.
Contact ARCpoint Labs of Nashville South for your Titer Testing Services!
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.